Now that mobile advertising makes up 66% of Facebook’s total revenue, it’s no surprise that Facebook is enhancing its mobile ad program features. Facebook announced yesterday a few significant additions to its mobile app advertising program, including:
- Ability to optimize ads for reach and frequency: This allows an advertiser to control how many times a user sees an ad.
- Ability to target Amazon Fire users: Amazon Fire tablets join a roster of available devices which advertisers can target, including Apple, Samsung and HTC
- Ability to use auto-play video in App install ads: Facebook reported that it delivers 1 billion video views every day.
Facebook also offered some tips for holiday mobile app advertising, including testing multiple creative, optimizing by action (install or reach/frequency) and targeting people who have recently used Facebook on a new device.
- ‘Drive Mobile App Awareness and Installs Over The Holidays’ via Facebook for business blog
- ‘Facebook Offers New Buying, Video & Targeting Options For Mobile App Ads’ via Marketingland
- ‘All of Facebook’s Revenue Growth Is Coming From Mobile Ads’ via Slate
– Posted by Elizabeth Pace –